What does a bookkeeper do?
Some of the services that can be carried out by a bookkeeper:
- Invoicing your customers, recording invoices you issue or/and recording your sales.
- Issuing receipts and statements to your customers
- Chasing bad debts (see Credit Control)
- Recording payments and receipts – cash book both bank and petty cash
- Check your bank statements against your cash book
- Record and categorising your business purchases and expenses
- Recording you drawing any payments or goods for personal use
- Keep a record of goods and amounts you put in or take out of the business
- Record your assets and depreciation
- And the list goes on!